Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Lady in Training

Today was my cousin's wedding shower.(for the sake of anonymity let's just call her Belle.) Belle is in her early twenties and engaged to a truly lovely man. Today whilst observing the two love birds open gifts, a certain quote came to mind by that of  F. Scott Fitzgerald "He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man." Belle's  fiance without a doubt in my mind, truly loves her, and seeing this precious twinkle in his eye, all I could think of was how amazing of a young woman Belle has become. Throughout all the noise and commotion of this lovely day, I myself began thinking of what kind of woman I wish to be. As many of you know, I idolize women such as Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy, for their grace and beauty. Jackie had created such a poised image of herself, and was known for bringing youth and style back into the White House. Audrey despite her difficult childhood grew up to be an amazing actress and a UNICEF ambassador helping children in third world countries and always carried herself with honor. Both women had one thing in common, their style. Both Audrey and Jackie, who were graced with true beauty, always dressed in modest classy attire, proving that a women could be beautiful without dressing in skimpy improper attire.

Belle in a purple chiffon dress

    Today, at the shower, Belle's grandmother (on her father's side) graced us with her own beauty. I have had the honor of meeting with her on quite a few family occasions, and the one thing that always stood out to me about her, was her beauty and her style. She always was dressed to the nines, her style is preppy and chic and has also influenced my own taste in fashion growing up. She has the grace of Audrey, the Style of Jackie, and the beauty of both. I hope that one day I grow up to be as elegant of a woman as she.